Re: Semi OT: SCSI termination question

From: jes@presto.med.upenn.edu
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 12:33:18 PST

    Karl Heinz Kremer <khk@khk.net> wrote:
    > jes@presto.med.upenn.edu said:
    > [ ... ]
    > > All told though, I'm very happy with it. Now if I could just figure
    > > out how to get the aic7xxx module to load automatically...
    >
    > This one's easy: Add the following line to your /etc/conf.modules
    > or /etc/modules.conf (depending on which distribution you
    > are using):
    >
    > alias scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx

    Apparently not, if you have two SCSI hosts. As far as I can tell from
    searching Deja, autoloading of more than one SCSI adapter isn't
    supported (yet). It isn't at all clear to me why this should be any
    different than autoloading two network cards, e.g., but apparently it
    is.

    If someone knows otherwise, I'd love to hear so. Until then, I'll
    just load it in rc.local.

    <Joe