Re: Umax Astra 2200

From: Peter Ilott (maillist@ilott.com)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 18:25:07 PST

    On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Oliver Rauch wrote:
    > Peter Ilott wrote:
    >
    > > Does anyone know if the Umax Astra 2200 is supported by sane ?? If so is the
    > > transparency adapter function supported ?
    >
    > The Astra 2200W does work when connected via SCSI.
    > I did not get any replay about the transparency function
    > but I don`t know why it should not work.
    >
    > Bye
    > Oliver

    I have gotten it to work ok. The slides sometimes come out pretty dark, or
    contrasty. Usually I can compensate in Gimp. Can you explain how to brighten up
    the scan, maybe using the gamma custom ? Also do you have the spec for the
    command to turn off the lamp ? Maybe I could simply send it the command from
    a script if I knew the format. Also any chance of supporting 12 bit depth in
    near future.

    Really appreciate the effort to support this scanner. It runs really
    well !!

    Peter Ilott
    maillist@ilott.com