Microtek Scanmaker X6 SCSI

From: Christoph Hohn (hohnc@Smail.Uni-Koeln.de)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 14:02:58 PST

    Hello !
    My name is Christoph Hohn and my problem is the sane-package under SuSE 6.1.
    I have got a Microtek Scanmaker X6 SCSI and an Adaptec AVA
    1505-SCSI-Controller-Card.
    When I start scanning a picture (24 bit) with xscanimage for the first time, the
    scanned picture looks quite good.
    When I try to scan it again, the picture look pixelized and the quality of the
    colors is bad.
    Scanning again results in a black image.
    I have no problems with my SCSI-Host-Adapter under Linux,
    after I modified the Makefile in /usr/src/linux-2.2.5.SuSE/drivers/scsi/ by
    writing the following:
     #CFLAGS_aha152x.o = -DDEBUG_AHA152X -DAUTOCONF
    CFLAGS_aha152x.o = -DDEBUG_AHA152X -DSKIP_BIOSTEST -DSETUP0="{ 0x140, 11, 7, 1, 1, 0, 100, 0 }"
    # portaddress,irq,scsi-id,reconnect y/n,parity y/n,synchronize y/n,time delay,extended translation

    The rest of the installation process was done, as written in the sane- or SuSE-
    documentation.

    What have I done wrong? or
    Does the sane-package under SuSE 6.1 not entirely
    support my Scanner ?

    Best Regards, Christoph Hohn.