RE: FW: RICOH FS2 SCANNER

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 01:15:13 PST

    [Mark L. Williams]
    > No, I don't know. The FS2 is color, the others are monochrome, I
    > believe, but I don't really know anything about the electronics.

    Then we are two. :-)

    > I didn't see anything about a Ricoh backend at the SANE home site.

    The backend was missing a .desc file in the last release, and is
    therefore missing in the list of supported scanners. This has since
    been fixed. :-)

    > I might consider working on the backend, but it'll be brand new to
    > me and will take some/considerable time to come up on. Advice/help
    > would be nice if I decide to take it on...

    You should start by fetching the latest unstable development snapshot,
    and see if it is working. If it is - fine, if it isn't - start poking
    around. No-one expect a new maintainer to take complete control from
    day one. :-)

    --
    ##>  Petter Reinholdtsen <##    | pere@td.org.uit.no
     O-  <SCRIPT Language="Javascript">window.close()</SCRIPT>