Explicit device declaration for a GIMP plugin

From: Steve Jibson (stevej@parlant.com)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 23:46:30 PST

    I just installed SANE. When I run "xscanimage", I get this:

    xscanimage: no devices available.

    The man page says "To access an available device that is not known to
    the system, the devicename must be specified explicitly."

    So, I try "xscanimage musteka4s2" and it works fine.

    Now, I want to use xscanimage as a GIMP plug-in, so I set up the
    symbolic link and lauch GIMP. When I go to the "Xtns-->Acquire
    Image-->Device dialog..." menu option, I get this (again):

    xscanimage: no devices available.

    How can I explicitly specify the devicename when using xscanimage as a
    plug-in?

    Thanks,

    Steve Jibson
    <stevej@parlant.com>