Re: microtek X6 advance and TMA

From: joachim (joheid@ttiger.in-berlin.de)
Date: Wed Dec 29 1999 - 13:28:34 PST

> I had some discussion via private mail with Bernd about the TMA
> problem and did a few more test.
> The result: TMA still does not work correctly :-(
>
> I tried the following:
>
> (1) replacement of AVA1505 with Adaptec 2940 SCSI controller
> -> exactly the same behaviour as before: flatbed OK, TMA stalls
>
> (2) test with WinDoof 95
> -> the 'scan wizard' sems to be buggy (update problems), but the scanner
> hardware seems to be OK in both (flatbed and TMA) modes
> i.e. I get correct images
>
> Seems, I will have to investigate the driver in more detail?
> Any new comments, hints, suggestions on this topic?
I have similar problems in TMA mode.
during the first scan-attempt the scanner is working but the picture is pixelised. I scanned
two "pictures"
- upper half black, lower half transparent
- right half black, left half transparent
but got in both cases an identical pixel noise,
during the second attempt the scanner fails with ioctl-error
and the third attempt blocks the whole system (longer than 30 min.). Switching the scanner off removes the block.

--
joachim heidemeier (joheid@ttiger.in-berlin.de)