Re: Microtek SlimScan C3

Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 11:41:13 +0100

Hi,

sorry for the late response.

On Tue, Dec 28, 1999 at 04:22:08AM -0500, Warren Chartier wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would just like to mention that I successfully got my Microtek SlimScan
> C3 Parallel Port scanner working using:
>
> ppSCSI 0.91 using the onscsi protocol module at:
> http://www.torque.net/parport/ppscsi.html
>
> SANE Development snapshot 19991212 at:
> http://www.student.uit.no/~pere/linux/sane/sane-devel-19991212.tar.gz
> using a very slightly modified microtek2.c so it would recognize model
> code 0xaf.

I will incorporate this model code into the backend.

> Thanks to all the developers of SANE, onSCSI and Matto Marjanovic for
> helping me to get this working. :) The colors aren't as correct as the
> windows drivers, but its so subtle you'd never notice.

Then you are lucky. What is needed is a shading correction. I have some
information how to do this shading correction for the Phantom 336cx, but
I assume it is the same for the SlimScan C3. However, this will need some
modifications, and don't have such a model, so I won't be able to test
it. Unfortunately, the algorithm to correct the colours is somewhat different
for other Phantom/Slimscan models like the C6/Phantom 636cx.

Bernd

--
Bernd Schroeder
Email: mailto:bernd@aquila.muc.de