Re: Problems with backend for Mustek 600III EPP

Jeff DeFouw (defouwj@purdue.edu)
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 13:47:29 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, Jochen Eisinger wrote:

> I've downloaded and compiled the new backend, but instead of the
> stand-alone version it dosn't work. Although the scanner seems to be
> scanning I can't get any image. All I see is garbage.
>
> Has anybody experienced the same?

If garbage means bits of red, yellow, blue, and lots of black, then
yes.

The score so far is:
3 working (including me)
3 not working (bits of garbage or completely black images)

And the problem is not related to scanner being used. Success with a
6000P was reported (but another 6000P user reported a failure with common
symptoms).

I'll try to put up a 0.2 later tonight, which fixes a couple bugs
including one with the communication initiation. I will also include a
version with the original timed delays inserted to see if that makes a
difference.

--
Jeff DeFouw <defouwj@purdue.edu>