Re: USB HP C5101A PhotoSmart S20 film scanner

David Nelson (dnelson@jump.net)
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 18:30:55 -0600 (CST)

Hi Adrian,

Comments below...

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, A E Lawrence wrote:

> While the thread is passing, may I take the opportunity to ask about
> support for the HP C5101A PhotoSmart S20 USB film scanner?

The laterst version of HP SCL reference (11.0) doesn't mention the S20 so
my suspicion is that it doesn't understand SCL which is what the SANE HP
backend needs.

Also, would be kind enough to send the output of `cat
/proc/bus/usb/devices` to me while the USB drivers are loaded and the S20
plugged in so that I can add it to the driver. That way if a developer
wishes to do work on the SANE driver it can atleast communicate with the
scanner.

Regards,
/\/elson

--
David /\/elson
http://www.jump.net/~dnelson

  "Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things."
                                         -- The 7 Habits Book