Re: Microtek SlimScan Cx Parallel?

Warren Chartier (icebalm@bigfoot.com)
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 06:08:48 -0500 (EST)

Hi All,

Well I went and patched my kernel with ppscsi and am using the onscsi
protocol driver with it, that seems to work just fine, my scanner is
detected at boot! Progress! I compiled sane and it said no scanners were
available, so I set SANE_DEBUG_MICROTEK2=30 and checked for my Model Code
and added that into the microtek2 source, recompiled and it and tried to
run xscanimage. It seems to detect my scanner just fine, but it segfaults
at the end, heres the output:

---[CuT]---
Scanner attributes from device structure

Scanner ID...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vendor Name: ' '
Model Name: ' scanner 330CS '
Revision: '2.06'
Model Code: 0xaf (SlimScan C3)
Device Type Code: 0x06 (Scanner),
Scanner type: Flatbed scanner
Supported options: Automatic document feeder: No
Transparency media adapter: No
Auto paper detecting: No
Advanced picture system: No
Stripes: No
Slides: No
Scan button: Yes

Imaging Capabilities...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Color scanner: Yes
Number passes: 1 pass
Resolution: X-max: 300 dpi
Y-max: 600 dpi
Geometry: Geometric width: 2550 pts (8.50'')
Geometric height: 3495 pts (11.65'')
Optical resol. : 300
Modes: Lineart: No
Halftone: No
Gray: Yes
Color: Yes
Depths: Nibble Gray: No
10-bit-color: No
12-bit-color: No
d/l of HT pattern: No
Builtin HT patt.: 0
LUT capabilities: None

Miscellaneous capabilities...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Data format: Line by line in concatenated sequence,
without color indicator
Color Sequence: B - G - R
CCD gap: 0 lines
CCD pixels: 2550
Calib wh str loc: -104
Max calib space: 48
Number of lens: 1
Max no of windows: 8
Sh trnsf func equ: 0
Buffer type: Ring
FEPROM: No
[microtek2] scsi_read_system_status: md=0x80fc980, fd=-1
[microtek2] attach_one: returning
[microtek2] sane_get_devices: local_only=0
[microtek2] attach: device='/dev/scanner'
[microtek2] scsi_inquiry: mi=0x80fc984, device='/dev/scanner'
[microtek2] check_inquiry: mi=0x80fc984
[microtek2] scsi_read_attributes: mi=0x80fc984, device='/dev/scanner', source=0
[microtek2] scsi_read_system_status: md=0x80fc980, fd=-1
[microtek2] scsi_test_unit_ready: md=/dev/scanner
[microtek2] sane_get_devices: returning
[microtek2] sane_open: device='/dev/scanner'
[microtek2] add_device_list: device='/dev/scanner'
[microtek2] add_device_list: device '/dev/scanner' already in list
[microtek2] attach: device='/dev/scanner'
[microtek2] scsi_inquiry: mi=0x80fc984, device='/dev/scanner'
[microtek2] check_inquiry: mi=0x80fc984
[microtek2] scsi_read_attributes: mi=0x80fc984, device='/dev/scanner', source=0
[microtek2] scsi_read_system_status: md=0x80fc980, fd=-1
[microtek2] init_options: handle=0x812f5d8, source=0
[microtek2] get_lut_size: mi=0x80fc984
[microtek2] get_lut_size: mi=0x80fc984, lut_size=0, lut_word=0
Segmentation fault
---[CuT]---

Any help would be great in getting this to actually work :)

Oh, one more note, scanimage, xscanimage and xsane all do this, and
scanimage and xscanimage also segfaulted right after it said no
devices before I modified the microtek2 source with my own model code.

Thanks in advance,
Warren Chartier
Minister of the Mobile Mechanized Infantry - http://www.juga.com
Fight Spam - Join CAUSE! http://www.cause.org

---- BEGIN ECHELON BLOCK ----
SCUD missile Ortega AK-47 Uzi $400 million in gold bullion Rule Psix Nazi
militia Project Monarch counter-intelligence JFK cypherpunk Kibo Ron Brown
clones bomb special-ops terrorism WACO nuclear missile MI5
----- END ECHELON BLOCK -----