Re: Segmentation Fault with scanimage

Douglas Gilbert (dgilbert@interlog.com)
Sun, 05 Dec 1999 18:34:22 -0500

"Robert Högberg" wrote:

> Hello out there..
>
> I've got a Mustek scanner model MSF-06000SP which I try to get to work with SANE. I've run into some problems
> though.. The problem is that scanimage gives me a segmentation fault when I try to scan.
>
> scanimage -L works good and the scanner is shown in the list but running scanimage -T or just scanimage doesn't
> work. This is the output i get:
>
> lillen:~$ scanimage -d mustek:/dev/scanner > pic
> [snip]
> Segmentation fault
>
> The computer I'm running SANE on is running the 2.0.36 kernel with generic scsi drivers compiled in.
>
> I guess that the sg drivers in that kernel is rather outdated, could that be a problem here? Is there a patch for the 2.0
> kernels available?

There are no 2.0 kernel sg patches available from me. I am
sure many people are using sane and lk 2.0 without problems.
Also, on the face of it, a device driver should not (directly)
be able to cause an application using it to segfault.

> Any other ideas about what could cause this?

Hopefully someone has a suggestion simpler than upgrade
to a 2.2 kernel and try again.

Doug Gilbert