Re: hexadecimal C syntax for serial ports

Tim Carroll (tim@boomboom.com)
04 Dec 1999 17:46:35 -0500

> On 4 Dec 1999, Tim Carroll wrote:

>> Newbie-me would say that the printer port would be /dev/ttyS1, as
>> this port has been used successfully to activate a printer in the
>> past. Is there a method to determine this address in hexadecimal
>> form?

> A serial printer, perhaps, but I thought that the qcams plugged
> into the parallel port. It will be at something like 0x278,
> 0x378, or 0x3bc, unless it's on a PCI card or something. Check in
> your BIOS settings.

> Tim. */

Hmmm... I think that the original qcams were made for Mac and for its
serial ports and I am pretty sure that there isn't any sort of
parallel port on the thing. Looking at the owner's manual...
nope.. just serial.

Also, no such beast, BIOS on an Apple box. dmesg reveals nothing,
however...

Thanks for the tip Tim, I'll give your addresses a try.

--
Tim