Re: Umax Astra 1220S, Serving as a Scanner Server???

Douglas Gilbert (dgilbert@interlog.com)
Wed, 01 Dec 1999 22:04:23 -0500

Lee Brown wrote:

> I use an advansys card and it's very well behaved.
> Advansys seems to be one of the few scsi card manufacturers
> that directly supports linux.

Given that the source code for the Linux advansys driver
is over 600 KBytes long, we are very lucky that the
manufacturer actively maintains it. That driver is
currently being enhanced for their U2W adapter product
(which is probably overkill for most scanner requirements).

Interestingly, the FreeBSD guys pick it up from Linux
and convert for their OS (and on it goes ...).

Doug Gilbert