Re: Microtek Pagewizard support?

Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 17:15:12 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 25, 1999 at 11:31:05PM -0000, marcel pol wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I own a Microtek Pagewizard 300S, connected with a SCSI adapter (OnSpec 90c26)
> at the parallell port. With the ppscsi-patch from
> http://www.torque.net/parport/ppscsi.html I got the adapter supported.
> With the commands sgcheck and find-scanner it finds my scanner.
> When I use xscanimage it says my adapter is supported, but my scanner isn't.
> The list at the SANE homepage says also that the Microtek2 parallell port
> scanners are not being supported.
>
> Is there anybody who knows if my scanner is being supported at the moment?

At least it will not work out of the box. Enable debugging (set
SANE_DEBUG_MICROTEK2 to 30) and watch out for a line "Model 0xyz not
supported". A check for this model code will have to be added to the source.

Then the backend should at least print the scanner attributes to stderr, if
'option dump 1' is set in the microtek2.conf file. It is necessary to know
these attributes in order to tell you more.

Bernd

--
Bernd Schroeder
Email: mailto:bernd@aquila.muc.de