Re: Update of the microtek2 backend

Levente NOVAK (novak@jaguar.dote.hu)
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 15:07:21 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Bernd Schroeder wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 21, 1999 at 06:07:58PM +0100, Bernd Schroeder wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have uploaded a new release of the microtek2 backend to
> >
> > ftp://ftp.muc.de/people/bernds/mtek2/microtek2.0.8.tar.gz .
>
> Unfortunately, this release contains a bug, that didn't show up on my
> system during testing, but may cause the backend to segfault
> (depending on the actual contents of the stack, and like reported by
> Levente Novak). I think I have fixed it and have uploaded the corrected
> version to the ftp server. Since the difference to the previous version
> is only the bugfix I have also called it '0.8'. So the URL is the
> same as above.

The fixed backend now works again. Mirroring is solved on our Phantom
636cx, but the "stripes" problem still remains as a slight colour balance
shift horizontally from left to right. Note that the colour balance
problem is not a new one, it used to appear with previous backend
versions too.
The stripes are in fact thin and more or less evenly spaced,
being approximately 1.3-1.7 mm apart. There is a background density change
superposition onto these stripes, forming non-regular sinusoidal
background darkening. Finally, the leftmost part of image has an excess of
red color balance while rightmost one is slightly bluish. The whole image
appears to be underexposed (e.g. white paper is rendered grey).
I hope this description could help.

Levente

PS: Anyway, the microtek2 backend improves constantly. Thanks, Bernd!