Re: Problem with SANE and SCSI scanner

Larry Snyder (larrys@lexis-nexis.com)
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 19:41:49 -0500 (EST)

Laura DeWitt <cats-rule@home.net> wrote:

> > > ^^^
> > > Try using /dev/sga here.
> >
> > canon:/dev/sga
> > would be better!

Oliver's right (as usual)! I'm running a umax, so things aren't _quite_
the same, but it's scsi, and talking to the backends should be similar.
Dumb question: In /etc/sane.d/dll.conf do you have canon uncommented?
The other usual gotcha is permissions on the device specials, but you're
running as root so that shouldn't matter for now....
-ls-