Re: Error compiling xsane 0.44

Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 00:53:26 +0100

Richard Kuhlbars wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I'm getting the following error when I am compiling xsane on my SUSE 6.0
> Linux machine:
>
> gcc -o xsane xsane-back-gtk.o xsane-front-gtk.o xsane-gamma.o
> xsane-preview.o xsane-preferences.o xsane-setup.o xsane-save.o xsane-scan.o
> xsane-icons.o xsane.o ../sanei/libsanei.a \
> ../lib/liblib.a -lgimp ../intl/libintl.a -lpng -lsane -ldl -ltiff
> -ljpeg -lm
> /usr/i486-linux/bin/ld: cannot open -lpng: No such file or directory
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [xsane] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/xsane-0.44/frontend'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Hi Richard,

try with
./configure --disable-png

> Kinda stumped me. Everything is fine and uptodate (glib, gtk+, sane).
> scanimage works as well.
>
> BTW, i couldn't find xscanimage on the sane 1.01 dist. Is xsane the
> official replacement?

xscanimage is included in sane-1.01.

There will be no "offical" sane frontend in the future and
no graphical frontend will be included into sane any more.
Then we will have a sane backend package and different
frontend packages.

I think that xsane gets the standard frontend for scanners in that case.

Bye
Oliver

--
Homepage:       http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch