Re: xsane as gimp plugin

Peter Daum (gator@cs.tu-berlin.de)
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 22:28:08 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, Oliver Rauch wrote:

[...]
> does it work if you scan with xsane direct into a file (not as gimp plugin)?
> What backend do you use?
> What happens if you use xsane as gimp plugin with the pnm backend?
> (May be you have to remove the comment in /usr/local/etc/sane.d/dll.conf
> befor pnm).

Hi,

Scanning into a file works as expected (as I said, scanning into
gimp also works, except for that annoying problem with the
resolution setting).

Scanning into gimp with the pnm backend also works normal, so it
seems to be backend-related (even though xscanimage using the
same backend does not show this strange behavior).

I am using the umax backend with a Umax Astra 1200S. Resolution
and scanmode don't seem to have any influence on the problem.

Regards,
Peter

--
                                             __o