Re: Recommended cheap SCSI scanners?

Egg Ham (eggandham@yahoo.com)
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 03:34:24 -0700 (PDT)

DON'T BUY Mustek 1200 SP.

I bought one myself several months ago when it was on
sale in a store. The price was very attractive U$75
for SCSI and legal paper size. But all I could get
from it was black and white. The color never worked.
(And I am talking about on M$-Win95 not the more
powerful OS like LINUX.) I spent 2 days on trying out
everything. (I forgot how many times I
intalled/uninstalled the apps, the drivers, reboot the
PC, unpluged/repluged the scanner. I even uninstalled
many other apps.) I almost wanted to uninstalled the
OS. Then I tried their website. I called their tech
support, who was extremely useless. He just basically
asked me to do the same things I did before I called
and we spent over an hour on doing that. Don't mention
that the phone call is a toll call. Finally I gave up
and return the scanner to the store.

After I did some research and found out that Astra
1220S was the most reliable and affordable (around
U$140) SCSI scanner in the market. The most important
thing is it is well supported by Linux.

Egg

=====