Re: can't recognize scanner [SOLVED (...)]

Craig Allen (cpallen@tampabay.rr.com)
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 14:03:17 -0400

On Sat, Oct 09, 1999 at 02:23:43PM +0200, Andreas wrote:
> Hi Craig

> Are you sure you are using the modified version (>=0.4.0) of the
> coolscan backend from:
> http://andreas.rick.free.fr/ ?

I just downloaded 0.4.2 and rebuilt. I also edited the
../sane.d/dll.conf file and commented out everything but the
coolscan (and pnm). Scanimage now recognizes the device.

However, xscanimage causes the system to lock up when I try to scan
now :-(

It locks hard and I have to power cycle to regain control - Yikes!
Now I'll have to look into *that* problem; will I ever get this thing
to work???

Thanks for your help, Andreas.

-Craig

--