Re: umax parallel port scanners - how to log protocol

Firebeard (stend+sane@sten.org)
26 Sep 1999 04:23:35 -0500

TW> On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Dmitry Veprintsev wrote:
>> i am using astra 1220p from w95 running in the VMWare
>> (www.vmware.com) window on my linux laptop. So it is possible to
>> log all the communication via papport (i hope there should exist
>> papport version with communication logging) .

TW> I expect you'll find that VMware is writing straight to the I/O
TW> ports and not going through parport.

No, it connects to the Linux device (or to a file, but that
isn't useful in this case), so I would expect that it has to use the
parport driver. Dmitry, if you find one with the logging already
there, could you send me a pointer for it - I'm going to want to do
the same thing with the Kodak Film Drive.

--
#include <disclaimer.h>                               /* Sten Drescher */
Amendment II, Revised: A well-regulated population being necessary to