RE: Do you have some information about PRIMAX

Christian Ordig (chr.ordig@gmx.net)
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 19:57:53 +0200 (CEST)

On 16-Sep-99 Theal-X wrote:
> I written to PRIMAX NL about their Colorado scanner series and they told
> me they are talking with some programmers from SANE project about
> writing drivers to it. They gave me also the link to
> www.mostang.com/sane, but I cannot find any primax scanners here. Do you
> have something (specifications, beta drivers etc) about PRIMAX?
> If you want, I could help you in developping, but due the lack of
> documentation and technical specifiations to my scanner (PRIMAX Colorado
> Direct (600x300dpi)) I cannot start to write anything without some
> documentation.
> I'm a proffesional C++ programmer; up to now I was writing big projects
> only for and in M$ Platform, but I know Linux well.

Well,

Marco and me signed an NDA some months ago, but are really busy in our jobs at
the moment. There's also an Alpha Version of our driver, written with specs
found out by ourselfes reverse engeneering the Win95 driver.

The SANE project is not yet the right place to look for our driver. You can
find it and some more information at
http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/Primax/

Any help is appreciated, but we aren't allowed to give any specs given to us by
Primax to any third person (btw. the specs we got from Promax are not as
helpful as we hoped they were)

Thank you.

---
Christian Ordig             | The Primax Scanner Driver Project for Linux/UN*X |
Germany                     |   http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/Primax/   |
  / /  (_)__  __ ____  __   | Why Linux? Because it is free, stable, and       |
 / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /   | bugs can be fixed in source opposed to waiting   |
/____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\   | for a stable WinTendo from Micro$oft.            |