Re: HP 4100, 5100, 6300...

David Nelson (dnelson@jump.net)
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 20:27:49 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Brian,

It was me that posted that annc on the linux-usb list with regards to
USB HP Scanner support. The hp-backend of SANE supports scanner's that
understand SCL (Scanner Control Languange). I was experiencing problems
with my 4200C and sent a letter to HP requesting some assistance. They
responded that the 4200 does not support SCL and that the info could not
be released....so I purchased a 4100C (discontinued and replaced by the
4200). Other models that I stronly suspect that will work are: 5200,
6200, and the 6300 (I'm waiting on confirmation on the 6300 since I don't
think it's available at retailers yet).

I included a readme (README.hp_scanner_sane) in my release to linux-usb on
how to get SANE to work with it and the problems experienced. I've also
posted those problems to this list and I've only received one reply which
unfortunately didn't fix the problem. :(

Regards,
/\/elson