Re: Machine lock-ups while scanning. HP scanjet 5P/BusLogic Flashpoint

Cooper (Cooper@Linuxfan.com)
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 00:02:59 -0100

Brian Macy wrote:

> I'll be switching to an ABIT BP6 dual motherboard soon and an AMI
> MegaRaid 428 controller. The BusLogic will still run the scanner but
> that will elimate one of the suspect components. If that doesn't fix it
> I'll switch to Uni processor. If that still doesn't fix it I'll sell my
> BusLogic card on ebay and get something else... what is a popular and
> solid SCSI controller for SANE scanning?

As the scanning lock-ups started to give me a really hard time I
switched from the BusLogic FlashPoint LT to an Adaptec 2930U2. This way
I get an extra Ultra2 channel for future upgrades :-)
I've done quite a number of scans since and never even the slightest
hint of a problem.

As for the old BusLogic card, anybody got any original, sadistic,
intimidating and mostly unnecessarily violent way to destroy a SCSI
card?
Hehehe. Seriously, it'll go into a fileserver and just do the harddisks.
It's done fine as long as I didn't do any scanning on it, so...

Cooper

--
I'd like to take this moment to ask you parents out there:
Please close the door when being probed by aliens. Think