Re: Machine lock-ups while scanning. HP scanjet 5P/BusLogic Flashpoint

Cooper (Cooper@Linuxfan.com)
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 07:16:15 -0100

Brian Macy wrote:

> Out of curiousity...
> - Do you have any other SCSI controller in the system?

No

> - Are you using IDE?

No

> - Is the BusLogic adaptor the only device on it's IRQ?

Yes

> - Is your system SMP?

No

> - What motherboard are you using?

ABit BX6

> I ask as I had perfectly stable scanning with a UP SuperMicro P6SBA
> motherboard with IDE drives and the BusLogic card being the only SCSI
> card and on it's own IRQ.

It runs everything stable and is solid as a rock, even under very heavy
loads...as long as I don't start scanning :-s

Cooper

--
I'd like to take this moment to ask you parents out there:
Please close the door when being probed by aliens. Think