Re: UMAX parallel port scanner

Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 11:04:46 +0200

s.arunprabhakar@barco.com wrote:

> I had been seeing some messages about UMAX parallel port
> scanners not supported in Linux. Any further progress in
> getting UMAX revealing the techniques to connect to their
> *proprietory* parallel interface?
>
> I have a page-office IIc scanner which works very well
> with "WINx" (loose??) programs.. I wish I had one such interface
> in Linux so that I can throw away the 'wins'..
>
> Arun

Hi Arun,

I am sorry to say that but there is no progress for umax
parallel port scanners. The one who has been working on
it stopped his work.

If I find the time may be I will take a look at it.

In short form:
don`t think there will be a UMAX parallel port scanner
supported in the next months, it can take years if they
will ever be supported.

Bye
Oliver

--