Re: SANE frames

Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 15:48:49 +0200

David Mosberger-Tang wrote:

> Oliver> I think we need to specify the code flow for multiple images
> Oliver> that are acquired with one scan and a code flow for multi
> Oliver> page scan (adf).
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "multiple images that are acquired with
> one scan". Can you elaborate?

Hi David,

that is e.g. if a scanner does scan front and back side of a page
in one scan. In that case the backend stores the second image
and does send it to the frontend when the next start_scan is called
and no sane_cancel is called in between.

That is what the B&? backend does.

Another thing is that some scanners are able to do a
"batch scan", that means the scanner does scan
multiple images while the scanhead moves over the page,
so the scanhead is not moved into start position every time.
But this can not be used with the current sane standard.

Bye
Oliver

--
EMAIL: Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE