Re: Starting a discussion about SANE and TWAIN...

Yuri Dario (mc6530@mclink.it)
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 13:28:32 +0200 (CDT)

On Fri, 13 Aug 1999 15:54:04 +0100, Lars Hanke wrote:

>something like a TWAIN backend for SANE. The other way round, i.e. a
>TWAIN frontend for SANE is trivial as I understand. Why do not
>implement this as a first step?

TWAIN is not as trivial as it seems; I have looked at the API in the
past (to get a TWAIN interface to SANE under OS/2), and it not easy to
understand. But with the help of TWAIN people it should be much easier.
At least they can say which calls needs to be available for a minimal
implementation.

Bye,

Yuri Dario

/*