Re: [net] connect_dev: major version mismatch: got 0, expected 1

Nick Lamb (njl98r@ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 20:31:46 +0100 (GMT)

On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> I was able to use scanimage from my Win32. No problems using the hp
> backend to access HP ScanJet II, but the snapscan backend does not
> work with my AFGA SnapScan 1236S.

Glad to hear this works -- I've been longing for a usable solution on
Win32 and no-one's really got there yet.

Check with "scanimage -T" for buffer-overflow bug in the sane_read(...)
implementation. I know the HP is OK, but IIRC the SnapScan backend is
still broken. Perhaps since you own one, you can fix it?

Nick.