Re: Can I use Tekram DC-390 SCSI card on Linux box?

Andreas (andreas.rick@free.fr)
Sun, 01 Aug 1999 21:48:23 +0200

afadu209@oct.zaq.ne.jp wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to use SANE(Ver1.0.1 rpm version) in my PC with RedHat5.2(2.0.36) and HP scanjet3c.
> But I can't get a proper Image (also proper scanner work)
>
> I re-compile Linux with "generic SCSI support=y" then I fond a message like
>
> scsi0 : AM53/79C974 PCscsi driver rev. 0.5; host I/O address: 0xa800; irq: 11
> scsi : 1 host.
> Vendor: HP Model: C2520A Rev: 3503
> Type: Processor ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> Detected scsi generic sgb at scsi0, channel 0, id 3, lun 0
>
> Also, I type "fscanimage -L"
> device `hp:/dev/sgb' is a Hewlett-Packard C2520A flatbed scanner
>
> Then I typed following command
> scanimage -d hp:/dev/sgb > test.pnm
>
> At that time, HP scanner work a bit but stop. After 5 min., it work again but not light on!.
>
> Finally, when I see that test picture, it is a just black color images.
>
> If somebody know this problem. Please help me.

You may try to use the "other" driver that works with the Tekram DC390
which is called "tmscsim.o" and is usually included in the Kernel
or get the latest version from:
http://www.garloff.de/kurt/linux/dc390/index.html
Recompile your kernel (make all the low level drivers as loadable
modules if you don't use a SCSI-disk so you can experiment more easily).

I use that driver for a UMAX Astra 1220s and a Coolscan LS-30 both on
the
same card without problems.

Andreas