LS30 prescan

Ewald R. de Wit (ewald@pobox.com)
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 00:10:04 +0200

Andreas Rick (rickand@gemse.fr) wrote:

> When you put the film strip into the scanner
> (Strip of up to 6 24*36mm slides/negatives )
> the scanner does a very quick scan of the whole strip
> to find out and store the positions of all images.

Are you positive about this? I thought the prescan was to
establish the density of the images on the filmstrip and
to use the optimal exposure time for each colorchannel
(to fill the full bit range). It can do the positioning
without prescan too so that's why I was wondering.

Btw, is there anyway a frontend could extract the proper
RGB exposure times from you backend?

--
  --  Ewald