RE: supported scanner that can scan from microfilm?

regis rampnoux (regisr@regix.com)
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 22:04:33 +0200 (CEST)

On 26-Jul-99 J.D.Bovey wrote:

> I am currently moving a catalogue of newspaper cartoon drawings to
> Linux and we will need to buy a new scanner. Most of the drawings in
> the collection were originally scanned on 35mm microfilm and it would
> be a big bonus if we can scan directly from the microfilm rather than
> having to make prints and scan from those. Does anybody know if there
> is a sane supported scanner that can be used to scan directly from
> microfilm.

Are them with the same larger than 24x36 films?
The Microtek 35+ scanner for slides can accept rolls of film of any length if
you make an external support. You don't need to cut the film.
(Most of other scanner accepts only film with 'standard' length for 24x36
cameras).

---
<regisr>       regisr@regix.com     http://www.regix.com/