Re: supported scanner that can scan from microfilm?

Ewald R. de Wit (ewald@pobox.com)
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 15:11:41 +0200

J.D.Bovey (J.D.Bovey@ukc.ac.uk) wrote:

> I am currently moving a catalogue of newspaper cartoon drawings to
> Linux and we will need to buy a new scanner. Most of the drawings in
> the collection were originally scanned on 35mm microfilm and it would
> be a big bonus if we can scan directly from the microfilm rather than
> having to make prints and scan from those. Does anybody know if there
> is a sane supported scanner that can be used to scan directly from
> microfilm.

Is 35mm microfilm the same size of 35mm film? If so you can use a
filmscanner. An attractive choice for you could be the Nikon LS30,
although the SANE driver is currently in alpha stage.

--
  --  Ewald