Re: [Fwd: Re: Problem with Astra 1200s]

Lee Nevo (lnevo@usa.net)
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 16:11:00 -0400

I apologize for sending the attachments, forgot about the charges that
others occur. I was just being impatient. Won't happen again.

Anyway, back to businees...I disconnected the tape drive internally from
the controller card. I enabled termination on the card. The kernel
reports that termination is active. The kernel also reports that the
card is an Ultra SCSI card, however my documentation does not mention
that. In any event, I converted the length of my SCSI cable from feet to
centimeters, and since its a 4' cable, that should be 121.92 cm, so I
should be under the limit. No luck, same issue.

I guess my next step is to go out and find a better terminator to put on
the scanner?

Thanks again and sorry again...

Lee