Minolta Dimage scan dual?

David Rose (David.R.Rose@disney.com)
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 20:40:43 -0700

Michael Cunningham writes:
> I looked at the supported scanners web page
> but I didnt see this scanner. Any support for it?
> Anyone working on support for it? Could another driver
> support it? I am interested in picking this one up
> since it has a nice high dpi and its cheap:)

Sigh. I've been in communications with Minolta about getting specs
for their scanners for nearly a year now. About three or four months
ago, they told me they were finally preparing a NDA for developers to
sign, which would be available momentarily.

No news since. Until Minolta releases those specs, a SANE backend
will not be possible.

If Linux support is a priority, I'd recommend looking elsewhere for a
scanner. This one might eventually be supported under Linux, but
probably not anytime soon.

David