Re: UMAX parallel

Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Mon, 05 Jul 1999 19:20:03 +0200

"Jonathan A. Buzzard" wrote:

> oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE said:
> > UMAX/germany likes to support us at this point, but the documents come
> > from the Research and Development in Taiwan and they say they do not
> > have the infos we ask for.
>
> Not quite the story I was told, it being more the case that they *don't*
> want to give you the information, although it does exist. Besides the
> code for the Windows drivers would be enough.

Oh, I understand if they don`t want to give out their sources!

> I only intended it to be a reality check so that people don't think parallel
> UMAX scanners are going to be supported anytime soon.

That is what I always say!

- and the people who payed the double for their scsi scanner
shall have the advantage that they can scan under linux ;-)

software is for free if you bought good hardware ;-) !

Bye
Oliver

--
EMAIL: Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE