Re: Artec AT6 yet again

Brian B. (ixnay@wws.net)
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 00:10:18 -0500

Thus spake Wolfgang Goeller (wgoeller@active.ch):

> "Brian B." wrote:
>
> If you did follow the latest discussions in this group:
> There seems to be a problem with your Adaptec-card and
> Kernels >2.2.5 - hope this helps.
> BTW: I've made a typo >/test.pnm should read >./test.pnm
> Sorry for that, but that should not be the problem anyhow.
> [artec] read_data was the last debug-message, and then
> your system did hang. SCSI-ERROR??
> Might well be, so please try with an older kernel, say
> 2.2.4
> See message from aanderson dated July 2nd

I checked out that thread and it seemed alot like my problem except he seems to
have 1520b i have a 1520a. I doubt this makes a diference though and he had
lock ups for a few seconds I tried to let it go to see if it came back but in
the morning when I woke up it was still hung (6 hours later). I will compile
and try 2.2.4 (I forget wasnt there a security bug in that kernel?)

Ill let ya know

Also to anderson if you read this. Does the system hang with disk access?

later
Brian