Re: Umax scanner woes (halp!)

genkai wa doko da (gauze@110.net)
Fri, 21 May 1999 14:03:04 +0000 (/etc/localtime)

On Fri, 21 May 1999, Oliver Rauch wrote:
> > scsi card: Always 2000 scsi card(I unhooked everything from the scsi chain except the scanner to get contamination free results btw!)
> > Detected scsi generic sga at scsi0, channel 0, id 3, lun 0
> > find-scanner: found scanner " " at device /dev/sga
> >
> > [umax] Found scanner version on device /dev/sga
> > [umax] attach_scanner: scanner-identification failed
> >
> Hi,
>
> this looks very much like you have problems with your scsi card or bus.
>
> How is your scanner terminated,

I have a 25 pin terminater which I had to mail order from UMAX it connects
to the 2nd external p.port type scsi connector on the back of the scanner

> how long is the cable between scanner and computer,

5'-6' (2 meters or so)

> how long is the scsi-cable in the computer,

there is no cable in the computer currently ,I disconnected the drive that
was on it to eliminate other devices being the source of my problems.

> how is the internal scsi bus terminated?

hm internal? I shouldn't have to have anything terminated if there is
nothing connected to it should I? I mean where would you even terminate
it? (maybe I don't understand scsi enough hm)

thanks gauze

--
Rhode Island Free Unix Group
http://www.rifug.org