Re: microtek x6 (Firmware 1.3) problem

Milon Firikis (milonf@ariadne-t.gr)
Wed, 19 May 1999 14:19:33 +0300

Harald Finster wrote:

[snip a lot]

> I played around with different IRQ-configurations.
> The configuration shown below seems to be the only one,
> which (at least) allows identification of the scanner.
> For some strane reason IRQ11 seems to be the only one
> working. (I tried different settings with the DOS tool,
> which comes with the scanner to configure the scsi-card.)

While I can't comment on the scanner problem you encounter I can tell
you that identifying the thing is always a step forward. Also I am using
the aha152x module in linux 2.0.34 and it works very reliable...

If the scanner just waits and you have to manually kill the scan, and
the system doesn't response snappy, consider also to unload the modules.

About the IRQ11 now: Maybe you have PnP/AutoIRQAssign ||
FirstAvailableIRQ enabled somewhere in your BIOS. It took me a lot of
time to find out why I can't use the specified interrupt, when no
conflicts seem to occur, and the answer was lying at BIOS.

MF