RE: saned: process_request: received unexpected procedure number 0

Scott Wells (scott@wells-inc.com)
Tue, 18 May 1999 16:28:21 -0500

After reading my message, I've decided that it needed a little more
qualification:

* SANE works fine with my scanner using the DLL backend directly to the
microtek2 backend
* saned works fine for network scanning if it's not run through inetd
(saned -d) (although I have to start it manually everytime I want to use it)
* If saned is invoked through inetd, I see the below documented messages and
the client gets a terminated connection

I've seen others speak of this. Does anyone know what:

process_request: received unexpected procedure

means?

Scott Wells