Re: horizontal colored stripes while scanning

Ondrej Popp (ondrej@geocities.com)
Fri, 14 May 1999 15:06:04 +0000

Well, I think I had once an accident that the scanner got to the other
end
and did not stop immediately. That may be similar to the transport lock
issues you mention. But I think I had this problem before that happened
too..
It may very well be that the scanner is broken and I have
been thinking this quite often, because that is the only thing I have
not replaced yet. The weirdest thing however is that from time to time
the scanner 'kicks' in and the problem goes away. So then I think again
: well it is not realy broken, is it? Something is just not working
reliable. It's hard to buy a new one when 'suddenly' it starts working
again :) Well I will see what will be, and wether the win95 trick realy
helps...

tx for your reply,
Ondrej

Oliver Rauch wrote:

> Ondrej Popp wrote:
>
> > However, now the stripes are gone, the I/O errors still show in the
> > debug trace. So that does not seem to make much difference either.
> >
> > I realy have no clue... can it be that the scanner needs to be
> > calibrated or anything and this gets messed up from time to time, and
> > the sane software is not able to fix this? Well for the time being it
> > seems to be working again :)
> >
> > tx for any suggestions,
> > Ondrej
> >

> Hi Ondrej,
>
> horizontal stripes have nothing to do with calibration (vertical stripes could).
>
> It looks like you have a hardware problem with your scanner.
> The I/O errors are not good, but the bad noises you get when the scanner
> produces stripes could mean that your scanner is not ok.
>
> I never heard of such problems before.
>
> Did you once forgot to open the transport-lock? That could have destroyed the
> stepping motor/electronic.
>
> Bye
> Oliver
>
> --