Re: saned troubles

Ray (maillists@sonictech.net)
Mon, 10 May 1999 18:58:21 -0700

On Sun, May 09, 1999 at 12:26:18PM -0700, Dean@Home wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> Sorry in advance if this is a newbie/FAQ, but I can't seem to find
> anything in the way of documentation/troubleshooting for the saned
> portion of SANE. Has anyone ever got this working? How did you do it? Is
> there a FAQ/DOC somewhere, which offers more than the man page does? I
> can't get it going, and don't know where to turn. Any help/links would
> be greatly appreciated.

Well, I have had it up and working for about 1 week. I had trouble with an
older version (0.7something) but the current version worked without any real
drama. I have a Mustek scanner so on the server I edited /etc/sane.d/:

net.conf
saned.conf
dll.conf
mustek.conf

On the clients I just edited net.conf. Oh, I also added a line to
/etc/services and adjusted the permissions for the device pointed to by
/dev/scanner.

To scan I can type:

scanimage -d net:HOSTNAME:mustek:/dev/scanner > /tmp/test.pnm

and it just does it's thing.

Exactly what problem are you having? Does it work from the machine where
the scanner is attached?

--
Ray
maillists@sonictech.net

To scan I started out by just using the sample commands from the Readme and substituting