Re: May sane_init fail?

Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Mon, 03 May 1999 17:39:12 +0200

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> > What's the suggested return values for a backend/SANE version
> > mismatch? I'm currently using SANE_STATUS_UNSUPPORTED (seems
> > logical), but SANE_STATUS_INVAL could be used too.
>
> Eh, the version_code parameter is supposed to be used to report the
> backends version code, right?

No, the version code contains three numbers:1) SANE major version number (1 in
the current release)
2) SANE minor version number (0 in the current release)
3) Build - this can be set free by the backend!

The frontends should check if the main version number is 1
because this describes that the backend is combatible to SANE-API 1.x

Bye
Oliver

--
EMAIL: Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE