I have uploaded a new version of the microtek2 backend to
The archive contains a patch against sane-1.0.1, which must be applied
in the directory, where the sane-1.0.1.tar.gz file was unpacked.
These are the changes compared to sane-1.0.1:
Changes since sane 1.0.1
- Exposure time settings now (hopefully) work with all models. On some
models these settings were totally ignored by the device, on some
other models there was a bug (overflow of an u_int8_t type variable).
- The option "scan mode" is split into two options: There is now an
option that allows to select Color, Grayscale, ..., and a second option
that selects the bitdepth. The option "bitdepth" is deactivated, if
the current mode allows only one bitdepth.
- The option "bind resolution" is now in the advanced option set.
- There is some experimental code, that lets the backend do the color
calibration at the beginning of a scan. It can be chosen through an
option in the advanced option set, whether the scanner or the backend
does the calibration. To make this option selectable
"option backend-calibration on" must be set in the microtek2.conf file.
- There is a new option group "special options" in the advanced option
set, that bundles all somehow extraordinary options. These options must
generally be activated through the respective entry in the microtek2.conf
- Support for two new models: ScanMaker V6USL and AGFA DuoScanT1200.
However, gamma correction on the V6USL does not yet work.
- Known bugs: The manual page needs an update.
I will be out of the country for the next couple of weeks, and will even
unsubscribe from the mailing list for that time (at least under this address).
If during the next 6 to 8 weeks a new version of sane is released, this
version of the backend could be included into that release.
-- Bernd Schroeder Email: mailto:email@example.com
-- Source code, list archive, and docs: http://www.mostang.com/sane/ To unsubscribe: echo unsubscribe sane-devel | mail firstname.lastname@example.org