Re: Star Office and scanner

Yuri Dario (mc6530@mclink.it)
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 12:14:55 +0200 (CDT)

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999 23:54:42 -0700, David Mosberger-Tang wrote:

>Quite possible. But very confusing. How is a Linux user supposed to
>know what TWAIN is?? ;-))

I think that every user with a scanner should know what is TWAIN: it is
the only windows interface available, and it is mentioned on every
manual/program that cames with the scanner unit.

I agree that when you don't open manual packages, you can't know what
TWAIN is, but it seems to be a choice with a low probability ;-))

Unfortunately, twain is also a quite complex interface: I discovered
that when I tried to build a twain compatible DLL for OS/2. Maybe
StarDivision dropped this solution for the same problem.

Bye,

Yuri Dario

/*
* member of TeamOS/2 - Italy