Re: Silly question?

Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooij@caiw.nl)
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 19:22:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, David Mosberger-Tang wrote:

> Hugo> But as it seems now xscanimage does not recognize the scanner
> Hugo> on the host itself as well.
>
> Hugo> I guess I need tt figure out why my host doesn't do things
> Hugo> automagically anymore.
>
> I'd recommend to set SANE_DEBUG_DLL to 128 and do the same with the
> debug environment variable for your backend. E.g., if you're using
> the HP backend, set SANE_DEBUG_HP to 128. Then run "scanimage -L" on
> the host that has the scanner attached. This should get you a long
> ways towards figuring out what's going on.

The result of the command `xscanimage 2>&1|tee sane2.log`:

[sanei_init_debug]: Setting debug level of dll to 128.
[dll] adding backend net
[dll] adding backend hp
[dll] adding backend pnm
[dll] loading backend pnm
[dll] dlopen()ing `/usr/lib/sane/libsane-pnm.so.1'
[dll] init: initializing backend `pnm'
[dll] loading backend hp
[dll] dlopen()ing `/usr/lib/sane/libsane-hp.so.1'
[dll] init: initializing backend `hp'
[sanei_init_debug]: Setting debug level of hp to 128.
[hp] init called
[hp] get_devices called
[hp] scsi_new: open failed (Invalid argument)
[hp] scsi: Can't open scsi device
[dll] loading backend net
[dll] dlopen()ing `/usr/lib/sane/libsane-net.so.1'
[dll] init: initializing backend `net'
[dll] exiting
[dll] calling backend `pnm's exit function
[dll] calling backend `hp's exit function
[hp] exit called
[dll] calling backend `net's exit function

However if started as `xscanimage hp:/dev/sga 2>&1|tee sane.log` it works.

Hugo.

| Hugo van der Kooij | Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl |
| 3155 VJ Maasland | (De man met de rode hoed) |