Re: Mustek 600 CP

Russell W. Behne (russ@behne.stafford.va.us)
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 14:11:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, Andreas Czechanowski wrote:
> If you had a supported printer-port scanner, it is one of the
> addresses above. Normally a single printer port on the motherboard
> of a newer computer will have 0x378 as default.

It looks like my best bet would be to try to return this scanner and get
a supported printer-port scanner. The problem now is that the
documentation isn't clear on just what constitutes a "supported
printer-port scanner." I also noticed in the last few days that most of
the scanners listed are older and no longer on the market. This leads me
to my next question;
What supported printer-port scanner is currently available on
the market that I can easily get running on an older 486 Linux box
running RH 5.2 that has one printer port and no scsi?

Thanks,
Russ.

--
	  For a copy of my mailbot's index, send an empty email:
		     mailto:index@behne.stafford.va.us

NOTE: Even though they raised the rate for first class mail in the United States we really shouldn't complain -- it's still only two cents a day!