Re: HP ScanJet 4p+ncr53c400a+kernel2.2.5 work too slow

John Profic (profic@ddd.kursknet.ru)
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 19:06:26 +0400

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Apr 1999, John Profic wrote:
>
> > I use 53c400a add-on to g_NCR5380.o to detect my SCSI card. Also the kernel
> > recognize my scaner as "procesor".
> > But then i try to use it it work very slow for example then i run 'xscanimage
> > hp:/dev/scanner' he stops about 30 seconds and then only show his fronend.
> > Then i try to scan it too has this delay but then i look at
> > /proc/scsi/g_NCR5380/0 it shows that transfer is about 500(k)bps...
>
> Dump the NCR 53C400 card and get a NCR 53C810 card for example. It works
> like a charm.

If I can do this and pay no money I would do it, but I live in Russia and our
organisation (newspaper) cannot pay even 10$.
I also think that it would be good if you say me how better to use this card
with IRQ or with no IRQ and whatever try to solve me problem
Thanks,
John U. Profic