Re: Microtek X6 35mm adapter

Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 14:31:43 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 08, 1999 at 03:26:05PM -0700, De Clarke wrote:

> well, there's nothing like wire :-) I will take my
> scanner apart this weekend and see what can be done.
>
> You would think that the act of plugging in the lightlid
> would turn off the main light. Microtek gear seems well
> made physically, but the firmware leaves something to
> be desired...

I think it is best that the light stays on. Try this:

ftp://ftp.muc.de/people/bernds/mtek2/microtek2-pre0.7.110499.tar.gz .

If you enable the lightlid35 option in the .conf file the light of the
the flatbed is turned off during a scan. There is a calibration process
at the beginning, where the light is switched on, but before the scan
starts it is turned off again, and remains off. To enable normal scans
it is necessary to disable the lightlid35 option.

Note: This is a rather experimental version, and there is no need to
download it, unless you want to scan with the lamp of the flatbed
turned off :)

Bernd

--
Bernd Schroeder