Re: New ScanMaker X6 EL patch for pre1.01-4

Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 00:29:45 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 06, 1999 at 02:57:02PM -0500, Scott Wells wrote:
> I tried the patch from the mailing list and I was still getting green tones
> on my previews. It turns out that my revision is 1.10 (I bought this
> scanner almost exactly when it was released) and the patch only checked for
> 1.30. Here's a new patch, but a more general solution is probably needed:

Thanks for the patch. You are right, that this is not the optimal solution.
But I know that there are users of the X6 or X6EL, who never
experienced the wrong colors. This is apparently true for FW-version 1.00
of the X6. Since I currently don't know which models/FW-releases in which
combinations exactly are affected by this problem, this is a way to
figure this out without breaking the backend for those users for which
it works.

Bernd

--
Bernd Schroeder